Grilled Ranch Chicken Wraps
These easy chicken wraps are a delicious lunch option you can make ahead of time. Customize to suit your tastes and enjoy on the go, at work, or at home!
We’re heading back to school in one week over here and I can’t believe it. The summer has flown by! It’s been a great one though with lots of family time, a few fun trips, and daily swim team practices. After such a hard year I’m feeling especially grateful for this summer.
Back to school means that we’re all back to busier schedules so I have a few quick make ahead lunch options planned to share here. These Grilled Ranch Chicken Wraps are the first and they are delicious!
This recipe makes 6 wraps so you can store them in the fridge and whip them out when you need them. Serve with chips, fresh fruit, or a side salad for a great lunch that’s ready when you are!
For this recipe you’ll need (full list of ingredients and instructions are in the recipe card below):
- Chicken breasts
- Olive oil
- Tortilla wraps
- Ranch dressing
- Shredded cheddar cheese
How to customize these chicken wraps
There are lots of ways to customize the flavors in this wrap. Here are a few easy additions:
- To add some crunch and freshness, add fresh spinach or romaine lettuce. Thin slices of red onion would also be perfect!
- For a bit of heat, add a drizzle of buffalo sauce. Ranch and buffalo go so well together!
- Slices of bell pepper and mushrooms can easily be incorporated into these wraps. Simply sauté them in the pan with your chicken until tender.
- Swap out the chicken for deli turkey, ham, or roast beef! You can also use store-bought rotisserie chicken.
Can you make these wraps in advance?
Absolutely. To use these wraps for meal prep simply prepare according to recipe instructions. Then wrap each wrap in aluminum foil or store in an airtight container and refrigerate until you’re ready to enjoy. They’re yummy cold so no need to warm them up before eating! (Of course you can reheat them if you like. Each wrap reheats in about 45 seconds in the microwave. If stored in foil be sure to remove the foil before placing in the microwave.)
How to serve these
To keep things light, serve with fresh fruit or a side salad. To make this meal even more satiating, serve with chips or my Easy Diced Air Fryer Potatoes.
More make ahead lunch recipes:
Make Ahead Italian Pasta Salad
Grilled Ranch Chicken Wraps
- 1 lb chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 2 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 6 flour tortilla wraps, 8 inches
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- Add oil to a large skillet. Heat to medium high heat. Season the top of the chicken breasts with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Once oil is hot, add the seasoned chicken to the skillet. You should hear a sizzle. Sauté until each side has some browning and chicken is cooked through (juices should run clear), about 3 to 5 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of your chicken.
- Remove from heat and allow the chicken to cool. Then slice each breast into strips.
- Spread the flour tortillas onto a cutting board or baking sheet. Divide the ranch dressing and spread down the center of each tortilla. Divide the shredded cheddar down the center of each tortilla. Top with the sliced tomatoes and then with the cooked sliced chicken.
- To wrap the tortillas: Carefully fold the bottom of the wrap up. Then fold in the sides over the filling.
- To grill the tortillas: You should have some oil remaining in the skillet. If not, add more or use a cooking spray on the outside of the wraps so we can get them beautifully browned. Add the wraps seam side down to the same skillet you used to cook your chicken. Press down on them as they cook. Cook on medium heat for about 3 to 4 minutes, flipping once, until the wrap is a golden brown and cheese is melted. Serve immediately. If using for meal prep, wrap each wrap in aluminum foil or store in an airtight container and keep in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
2 Comments on “Grilled Ranch Chicken Wraps”
Made these for lunch today and they are YUM! I had one warm but rolled up the other 5 in foil for the rest of the week. Can’t wait to try them cold and compare.
Thanks so much for trying the recipe and taking the time to leave a comment! So happy you enjoyed the wraps!