I am a big advocate for breakfast. How anyone survives from dinner to lunch without a meal in between I’ll never know. I think they must have super powers.
I go to bed thinking about my next meal and wake up ready for it. Also coffee. Mostly coffee. Okay, mostly the cream in my coffee. It’s magical.
But back to breakfast.
My favorite morning meal is always a hash. I love it because it’s easy and there are no less than 1,001 ways to make it different.
Today I’m sharing this Spinach & Arugula Breakfast Hash with you. It’s probably the one I make most often.
It’s Whole30, Paleo, dairy free, and gluten free. That’s code for “it’s good for you”.
Plus this gorgeous skillet of tastiness is ready in less than 20 minutes. How fast it that?! I don’t know about you but our mornings tend to be crazy and that time is precious. A satisfying breakfast that I can whip up in 20 minutes is always good news for me!
It’s packed with greens. We need those, friends.
Did I mention it has crispy potatoes and garlic in it. Need I say more?
Enjoy it for breakfast, lunch, or dinner (because why the heck not). When I’m serving it up in the evenings I like to add a little chicken sausage in there too.
This recipe makes enough for two but in full honesty I’ve absolutely eaten it all myself before. No regrets.
Now go make it and let me know what you think!
Spinach & Arugula Breakfast HashPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 2 gold or yellow potatoes diced
- 1/2 onion diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups spinach & arugula
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 eggs
- salt & pepper to taste
- Add your olive oil, diced potatoes, and diced onion to your pan. Saute over medium to medium high heat, stirring frequently to prevent sticking.
- Once your potatoes have browned and softened toss in your spinach, arugula, and minced garlic.
- Cover for 1-3 minutes until your greens are slightly limp.
- Use your spatula (or whatever utensil you're cooking with) to make two holes in your hash. Break an egg into each hole. Cover and allow to cook until your eggs are just how you like them.
- Salt & pepper to taste. Enjoy!
Made this and love it? If you share yours on Instagram tag me so I can check it out!
Looking for more breakfast ideas? My Whole30 + Paleo Mexican Breakfast Casserole is thick, hearty, and makes enough to feed the whole family!