This Teriyaki Chicken & Broccoli is ready in only 15 minutes! Wait until you try to the easy homemade sauce. So addictively delicious!
This recipe all comes down to the Teriyaki Sauce. I only use 5 simple and good for you ingredients. One of them is water. Doesn’t get simpler than that, does it? A few healthy swaps make this much better than most you’ll find. Soy sauce? Nope. Let’s use Coconut Aminos. It tastes like soy sauce but includes far less sodium. Brown sugar or honey? Nah. Coconut Aminos give it plenty of natural sweetness. Cornstarch to make it thick? Pass. You know I’m going with arrowroot flour as my thickener of choice. You’re really going to be surprised and you’ll love the end result!
The chicken sautés quickly on the stove. Then add fresh broccoli florets to the pan and steam them to bright green perfection. Once finished simply pour that easy sauce on top and stir! Voila!
Serve this over cauliflower rice or traditional rice for a complete meal.
And you heard that part about this being ready in 15 minutes, right? Because I think that’s worth mentioning again.
Interested in another skillet chicken dinner that’s full of veggies? My Savory Skillet Chicken & Veggies might be just the thing!
Teriyaki Chicken & BroccoliPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
Chicken & Broccoli
- 1 tbsp cooking fat of choice I use extra virgin olive oil.
- 4 chicken breasts About 2 to 2 1/2 lbs of chicken.
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 12 oz fresh broccoli florets
- 3/4 cup Coconut Aminos
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 2 tbsp arrowroot flour
- 2 tbsp water
- Heat cooking fat of choice (I use olive oil) over medium heat in a large pan.
- Cut your chicken breasts into 1 – 1 1/2 inch chunks. Place them in the pan with your cooking fat. Sauté chicken until white and cooked through, flipping occasionally. This takes about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Once chicken is cooked add 1/4 cup water and fresh broccoli florets to the pan. Stir it all together. Cover and let the water steam your broccoli for a few minutes. I prefer my broccoli softened but with a little crunch so I only let it cook for about 3 minutes. Water should be cooked out. (If you still see water in the pan leave it uncovered and give it a minute.)
- To make the Teriyaki Sauce, in a small pot add Coconut Aminos, garlic, and 1 1/4 cup water. Stir and heat over medium heat. In a small container combine arrowroot flour and 2 tbsp water. Shake. Turn off the stovetop heat. Pour the flour/water mixture into your sauce and whisk so it’s thoroughly mixed in. You’ll notice the sauce begins to thicken within a few seconds.
- Pour finished sauce over chicken and broccoli. Stir. Serve! I enjoy this over cauliflower rice or traditional rice for a complete meal!