Air Fryer Salmon
This Air Fryer Salmon is easy to prepare, perfectly flaky, and simply seasoned! Ready in just 10 minutes!
The air fryer is my new favorite way to prepare salmon. I’ve always been a fan of the oven (and still am) but the air fryer method just might be even better! The finished salmon comes out of the air fryer perfectly flaky with very little oil. And your whole house doesn’t smell like fish afterwards either!
For this recipe you’ll need (full list of ingredients and instructions are in the recipe card below):
- Salmon fillets
- Olive oil
Ways to customize this salmon
Consider this your guide to easily making delicious salmon but the best part is that you can customize it! Here are few suggestions to switch up the seasonings or incorporate a sauce. Enjoy the recipe as is or modify it using one of the customizations below:
- Stir together dijon mustard and maple syrup. Add to the top of your salmon before cooking.
- Stir together melted butter, lemon juice, and minced garlic. Pour it over your finished salmon. Garnish with chopped fresh basil.
- To create a crust, stir together brown sugar, chili powder, paprika, and salt. Press into the top of your salmon before cooking.
- Serve finished salmon with my Lemon Dill Sauce (it’s included in my recipe for Salmon Sweet Potato Stacks).
Is salmon healthy?
Yes! Salmon has lots of omega-3 fatty acids which do amazing things for the brain, heart, and joints. Studies indicate that foods with lots of vitamin D (like wild salmon) reduce our risk of cancer.
Can you air fry frozen salmon?
Yes! Before seasoning the fillets, add them to the air fryer while they’re still frozen. Cook for 6 minutes. This will thaw out your salmon. After the 6 minutes are up, add the seasonings to the top and follow the recipe from there. Total cooking time if using frozen salmon will be 13 to 16 minutes because of the 6 additional minutes in the air fryer to thaw.
Should you preheat your air fryer?
Absolutely preheat the air fryer whenever possible. Even just a few minutes can help! But know that if you forget it will still work out. You might just require a few extra minutes of cooking at the end.
Should you flip the salmon as it cooks?
No flipping required! The air fryer circulates air as it cooks so both sides of your salmon will cook perfectly. Just be sure to put the skin side down (if your salmon has skin).
How to store leftovers
Leftovers can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Reheat in an oven (at 350 degrees) until warmed through.
You can also freeze for up to 4 months.
How to serve this
My Herb Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Broccoli pair beautifully with this salmon. Other great vegetable options are Roasted Lemon Asparagus or Garlic Green Beans.
Air Fryer Salmon
- 4 salmon fillets, 6 oz each
- 1 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Use paper towels to carefully pat the salmon dry.
- Rub each salmon fillet with olive oil. Season with garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Place fillets skin side down (if your fillets have the skin) in the air fryer. They should be in a single layer. Air fry for 7 to 10 minutes. I recommend checking it at the 7 or 8 minute mark and cook for additional time if necessary. You'll know it's done when the fillets flake easily with a fork. Cooking time can vary depending on the thickness of your fish and the model air fryer used.
One Comment on “Air Fryer Salmon”
This recipe caught my eye since PAPRIKA was an ingredient….and I am a PAPRIKA junkie…..I use it on alot of my food……..AND garlic!!!…..it is like the heavens are singing to me……..I haven’t tried this recipe …..yet……but I will soon be digging in my freezer for a couple of salmon filets……thanks for the inspiration……and appreciation that someone else has for paprika