Apricot Goat Cheese Spread
This four ingredient goat cheese spread is so easy to make and always impresses! Serve with crackers or toasted baguette slices for a quick appetizer.
Creamy goat cheese, sweet apricot preserves, spicy hot honey, and crunchy pistachios are all you need for this simple but totally delicious appetizer.
It take so little work (truly next to none). Serve this goat cheese spread up for the holidays, game day, or any time you’re entertaining.
Is this spread spicy?
The hot honey adds a little heat but it balances so beautifully with the sweetness of the apricot preserves. Of course you can swap it for regular honey if you prefer.
Preserves vs Jelly vs Jam
Preserves, jelly, and jam are all similar, typically containing fruit and sugar or another sweetener.
Preserves generally have the simplest ingredients and larger pieces of fruit. Preserves and jam are most similar since jelly is typically smoother in texture. For this particular recipe I recommend apricot preserves but you can certainly use any flavor jelly or jam.
What hot honey is best to use?
Use whatever brand you prefer. I’ve tried several and I personally prefer Mike’s Hot Honey (the original and not their extra hot version).
Can you use regular honey instead of hot honey?
Yes. If you don’t want any spiciness at all just stick with regular honey.
Can you use another nut instead of pistachios?
I adore the salty crunch of pistachios in this spread. Plus that pop of green is perfect. But sometimes we just don’t have pistachios and another nut can absolutely be used. I recommend chopped cashews, walnuts, or pecans if you’re looking for the best swap.
Can you double this recipe?
Yes, if you’re entertaining a large group I recommend doubling the ingredients.
Should this be served warm or cold?
Serve this spread at room temperature so that it’s easy to spread. It’s best take the goat cheese out of the refrigerator 30 minutes before serving.
How to serve this
Serve with crackers, pita chips, or toasted baguette slices.
Easy Apricot Goat Cheese Spread
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon hot honey
- 5 – 6 pistachios
- Take the goat cheese out of the refrigerator 30 minutes before making this spread so that it softens.
- Spread the softened goat cheese on a small wood cutting board or salad plate. Spread the apricot preserves down the center of the top of the goat cheese, leaving some of the goat cheese visible on the outside. Drizzle the hot honey over the top of everything.
- Remove the shell from the pistachios. Discard the shells. Use a knife to chop the pistachios into small pieces. Sprinkle over the top of the goat cheese spread.
- Serve immediately with crackers, pita chips, or toasted baguette slices.