This easy Blueberry Citrus Salad is yummy as a light entree or side. Blueberries and mandarin orange slices give it sweetness while pistachios bring a nice salty crunch!
I love this bright salad for lunch or served along with grilled chicken for dinner.
If enjoying as an entree feel free to add a bit of chicken to increase your protein intake. You can use leftover chicken from your dinner the night before or shred some store-bought rotisserie chicken to keep things quick!
It’s so simple to throw together which is always a win for me. Just assemble the salad ingredients (there are only 4!) and drizzle a bit of balsamic vinegar over anything.
If using balsamic vinegar as a dressing is new to you you’re in for a treat. It’s tangy but has just a smidge of sweetness so it’s perfect when paired with a salad that contains fruit. It’s also incredibly low in calories so it’s going to keep your salad light!
Have a few extra minutes? Omit the balsamic vinegar and instead top everything with a drizzle of my Blueberry Dressing. It’s naturally sweetened with fruit and oh so good!
More recipes like this:
Blueberry Citrus SaladPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 2-3 cups spinach and arugula blend Can use spinach alone if you prefer.
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup pistachios shelled
- 8 oz mandarin orange slices in 100% juice drained, This is two 4 oz cups.
- 4-6 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Divide spinach and arugula into 2 bowls.
- Top with blueberries, mandarin slices (drained), and pistachios. Drizzle balsamic vinegar (2 to 3 tbsp per bowl). Enjoy!