Air Fryer Steak Bites
Air Fryer Steak Bites are tender, juicy, and simply seasoned. Ready in just 15 minutes!
What are steak bites? Steak bites are small pieces of steak that cook quickly. I prefer preparing them in the air fryer or skillet because both methods can give you those slightly charred edges that I love on steak. The inside of the steak remains juicy and tender so long as you don’t overcook. Don’t worry, we’ll talk about cooking times to ensure you get perfect steak bites every time.
One bonus of using the air fryer is that it creates very little mess. Cooking steak on the stovetop can lead to a lot of splatter that I dread cleaning up. That’s not the case when you use the air fryer. No splatter, minimal clean up, and no smokey smell in your kitchen!
Air Fryer Steak Bites Ingredients
- Top sirloin steak, ribeye, New York strip, or fillet: You can really use any cut of steak you like. Choosing one with some marbling and good fat will give you the best results.
- Olive oil or oil spray: The olive oil or oil spray helps us achieve a little char on the outside of our steak pieces.
- Seasonings: Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper are the only seasonings you need for this simple steak recipe.
Can you make these steak bites without an air fryer?
Yes! Heat 1 to 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet (I use my 12″) over medium-high heat. Once oil is hot, add steak bites. If your skillet is large enough you can fit it all but you may prefer to do two batches. It’s totally up to you. Season with salt and pepper. Sear steak for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until you have some beautiful browning. Steak will cook very quickly so don’t overdo it. Once finished, remove from pan and set aside on a plate.
Tips for Perfect Air Fryer Steak
- Preheat the air fryer. Adding steak to a hot air fryer will help sear the outside. If you don’t preheat the air fryer your finished steak may be a little rubbery and it will lack that char we want.
- Cut steak into pieces that are the same size so they cook in the same amount of time.
- Spread the steak in a single layer with a little space in between each. You don’t want the steak piled on top of each other because they won’t cook as evenly.
How to Store Leftovers
Store leftover steak in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
You can also freeze Air Fryer Steak Bites in a freezer safe container for up to 3 months.
How to serve
Air Fryer Steak Bites are a delicious appetizer if you serve with toothpicks. You can also offer a dip if you like. I recommend my Comeback Sauce.
I personally enjoy these Air Fryer Steak Bites most often as an entree. Here are some sides you’ll love with this steak:
- Garlic Green Beans
- Roasted Potato Wedges
- Herb Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Broccoli
- Side salad with Easy Homemade Italian Dressing or Easy Healthy Caesar Salad Dressing
- Easy Seasoned Roasted Potatoes
Air Fryer Steak Bites
- 1½ pounds top sirloin steak, ribeye, NY strip, or fillets, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, or use oil spray
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- While cutting the steak into 1-inch cubes, preheat air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Add the steak bites, olive oil, Italian seasoning, salt, garlic powder, and black pepper to a medium-sized bowl. Toss to coat the steak pieces in the oil and seasonings. (If using an oil spray you can spray the steak while in the bowl and stir so the pieces are coated in seasoning.)
- Spread the steak bites in the preheated air fryer. Cook for 4 to 8 minutes. Check for doneness and cook for additional time if desired. If you like your steak with pink inside you'll be happy around 4 minutes but if you want well done you'll likely end up closer to 8 minutes total. I enjoy mine at 5 minutes.Cooking time can vary based on how done you like your steak. Time also varies based on the model air fryer used and the size of the air fryer. See notes for more information.