Low Carb Feta Breakfast Casserole
This low carb breakfast casserole is made without bread or potatoes and loaded with the flavor of feta, parmesan, and tomato. It’s a fluffy keto breakfast that’s easy to throw together and always impresses!
This year at Christmas I shared on instagram the Sausage and Cheddar Breakfast Casserole I make for my family to enjoy after we open presents each year. I received a lot of requests for a low carb version which is why I shared my Low Carb Sausage Cheddar Breakfast Casserole in February. It’s been so popular (and for good reason!) that today I’m sharing another low carb breakfast casserole that I’m certain you’ll love.
I’m pretty obsessed with feta. It is the winner of the prestigious award for most deliciously unique cheese flavor (this award was created and voted on solely by me) and I can’t get enough of those salty crumbles. In my personal experience (which is vast and significant) feta goes great with literally everything. I like it in salads, on fried eggs with hot sauce, over roasted potatoes or veggies, and even blended into a dip. Honestly I’ve never met a dish with feta that I didn’t like. So it’s really no surprise that feta is the star of the show in this breakfast casserole.
Feta pairs beautifully with tomatoes and spinach to keep this dish light and fast! We’re not even taking the time to cook a meat. No ma’am, let’s assemble this casserole quickly and pop it in the oven.
The finished breakfast casserole is fluffy, thick, and packed with flavor. I’m telling you, this entree will surprise you in the best possible way. Give it a try and let me know what you think!
Another option if you want something a little smaller is to make one of my frittatas. My Vegetable Frittata, Parmesan Herb Frittata, and Broccoli Cheddar Frittatas are all low carb with big cheese flavor and no meat. Of course if you’re craving a low carb frittata with meat you’d love my Cheeseburger Frittata.
Low Carb Feta Breakfast Casserole Ingredients
- Eggs: To create this dish we whisk eggs with milk and an assortment of seasonings. Together they create the fluffiest low carb breakfast casserole you’ve ever had.
- Milk: I recommend 2%, 1%, or skim milk. All work well in this dish.
- Spinach: Spinach is filled with antioxidants, vitamin K (one cup has almost double the daily requirement), and iron. It’s considered one of the best superfoods! So toss it in your breakfast casserole. You won’t notice the flavor but it will do your body so much good!
- Grape tomatoes: Grape tomatoes are the perfect bite sized addition in this casserole. You can also use cherry tomatoes if you slice them in half.
- Feta: This crumbled cheese originates from Greece and was originally made from goat’s or sheep’s milk. Today it’s often made with cow’s milk instead. Either way it adds a rich salty flavor to your breakfast casserole.
- Grated parmesan cheese: This grated cheese is a powdery texture that almost blends into the egg mixture as it cooks. It really compliments the saltiness of the feta so well.
- Seasonings: Italian seasoning, salt, black pepper, ground mustard, and chili powder all create the perfect seasoning blend for this crowd pleasing breakfast dish.
What size baking dish should you use?
You’ll want to use a 9 x 13 baking dish for this recipe.
Can you prep this in advance?
Yes! Assemble the casserole, refrigerate it covered overnight, and pop it in the oven (with no cover) in the morning. It comes out perfectly!
How to Store Leftovers
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
How to Serve This
I love this savory entree with fresh fruit or a simple salad. If you’re wanting to do potatoes I recommend my Easy Diced Air Fryer Potatoes, Easy Seasoned Roasted Potatoes, or Skillet Breakfast Potatoes.
Low Carb Feta Breakfast Casserole
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsp italian seasoning
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¾ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp ground mustard
- ½ tsp chili powder
Spinach + Tomatoes + Cheese
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 3½ ounces crumbled feta cheese, 2/3 cup
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, milk, italian seasoning, salt, pepper, ground mustard, and chili powder. Set aside.
- Spread spinach leaves in the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish. Spread the grape tomatoes on top. Then spread the crumbled feta cheese and grated parmesan over the spinach and tomatoes. Pour egg mixture over everything.
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour, center should not be wiggly. Remove from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes before cutting. Slice into 8 pieces.